Montag, 6. Januar 2014

New Year, new things to learn and another new blog to follow me through it :)

Don´t you just love this free printable from Marjorie from Cococerise Blog


Just like when I startet to crochet and knit again in 2011 I startet a new blog to go with it, Woollen Thoughts, mostly to keep track on everything I found in the big big forest the internet is, and all those lovely blogs, sites and videos. I already made my "and sew on" pinboard over on pinterest. But since it worked out so well with my Woollen Thoughts blog, I thought I would make a new blog 3 years later for my adventures with my singer machine, who will get her own name soon :)

I guess my lucky number must be 3. My first ever blog came out 3 years prior to my Woollen Thoughts blog, that was and still is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen mostly baking adventures called the Queen of the Kitchen. So you could call me a serial blogger, that makes a new blog every 3 years....... Well we will see in 2017 wont we :)

I live in Germany but am raised and born in Iceland. I love to crochet and it has really taken over my world, but often I have thought, how nice it would be to own a sewing machine to be able to line that pouch etc. And this christmas I got one :) It´s a Singer. I haven´t named her yet, but I am guessing it is a she. I guess she will tell me her name when she starts to sew for me :) I like giving all things names, my PC has a name, my first TV had a name, our car etc. I am a bit worried how my sewing affair will develope. Either it will be a big love or a big hate relationship. But I hope for the first one, and what I think is the most exciting part is combining those two crafts: crocheting and sewing. I have seen a few combos like lining of a crochet bag etc. 

So what direction do I want to take in sewing?

Well for the beginning, I want to line some crochet bags, make some curtains and combine it maybe with a crochet border, make some vintage aprons, and those quilts wow they are so great and so pretty, I would love to make one or two for my bed. Maybe do some cushions and bags and skirts. But I am seeing this combination of crochet and sewing too in clothes making, if I ever get that far. 

We will see where this love affair will lead me. All I know is that I have alot of ideas and they keep piling up like fabric. But I guess first I need to make my sewing space more cozy, get some essentials but most of all plug in my machine and play around with stich length, tension etc with alot of differen fabrics. 

My first project will be lining of a crochet purse for my mum. I am already on the crochet part of it, then I will need to get some fabrics for the lining. I also have a Zipper ready and a sharp crochet hook to attach it to my crochet piece. 

For knitting and crocheting there is ravelry, I am wondering if there is a similar page for sewers.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen